[android-developers] Digest for android-developers@googlegroups.com - 20 Messages in 11 Topics

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/topics

    Jonathan S <xfsunoles@gmail.com> Mar 28 11:11PM -0700  

    GoogleMap is still NULL after setupMapIfNeeded(). I hope you able to
    improve your coding ability.
     
    On Friday, March 29, 2013 12:27:45 AM UTC-4, Pratama Nur Wijaya wrote:

     

    Pratama Nur Wijaya <set.mnemonix@gmail.com> Mar 28 11:19PM -0700  

    if my GoogleMap still null.. why my program running in my phone.. and get
    force close on my tablet..
     
    can u give me some advice
     
    On Friday, 29 March 2013 13:11:30 UTC+7, Jonathan S wrote:

     

    skink <pskink@gmail.com> Mar 28 11:49PM -0700  

    Pratama Nur Wijaya wrote:
    > if my GoogleMap still null.. why my program running in my phone.. and get
    > force close on my tablet..
     
    > can u give me some advice
     
    see http://developer.android.com/reference/com/google/android/gms/maps/SupportMapFragment.html#getMap()
     
    it reads:
     
    Returns
    the GoogleMap. Null if the view of the fragment is not yet ready. This
    can happen
    if the fragment lifecyle have not gone through
    onCreateView(LayoutInflater, ViewGroup, Bundle) yet. This can also
    happen if Google Play services is not
    available.
     
    pskink

     

    Mario Giammarco <mgiammarco@gmail.com> Mar 28 03:29PM -0700  

    Still debugging.
    What I have found:
    1) no deadlocks
    2) stomp library uses hawtdispatch. They then use java NIO and they open
    sockets and channels.
     
    The problem is:
    - the thread waiting for a reply is doing the right thing: infact nothing
    is sent so nothing can be received.
     
    So the real problem is: the thread that must send data with nio send
    nothing.
    But if I go in debugger stepping mode it sends data!
    I am getting crazy, since I am 99% sure that there is no deadlock.
    Does the debugger disable jit? Change bytecode?
     
    Il giorno domenica 24 marzo 2013 23:49:40 UTC+1, Kostya Vasilyev ha scritto:

     

    Jungle Jim <jjjunglejim@gmail.com> Mar 28 02:41PM -0700  

    I am developing an app that will have both free content and the option to
    receive additional content by purchasing an annual subscription. I am using
    Version 3 API, which has only recently supported subscriptions.
     
    I am getting error messages that say my devices do not support
    subscriptions. I doubt that is the case and that I'm probably doing
    something wrong in my code.
     
    Does anyone have an app published on Google Play that has a subscription
    available that uses Version 3 of the API? Or know of one available? I would
    like to test my devices to determine whether or not they truly have the
    support for subscriptions. If your subscription price is reasonable, I will
    buy one to test my devices.
     
    Thanks.

     

    Tobiah <toby@tobiah.org> Mar 28 02:31PM -0700  

    I'm doing a startActivityForResult() to launch a barcode scanner.
    The problem is that if the user presses home from the scanner, then goes back to
    my app and launches the scanner again, it appears to be launching a new
    instance, and the camera is already busy, so it fails.
     
    Is there a way to launch another app in this way, while insuring
    that I will only launch one instance of the other app?
     
    Thanks,
     
    Tobiah

     

    Heidi Zhou Nolan <heidi.zh.n@gmail.com> Mar 28 01:41PM -0700  

    Hello!
     
    I like to try Open Bluetooth Low Energy API (
    http://android-btle.github.com/framework/) in order to work with Bluetooth
    4.0.
     
    However, I can't download the library
    from https://code.google.com/p/broadcom-ble/. I got permission denied
    error.
     
    Any idea what to do in order to get the library?
     
    Thank you in advance.
     
    Heidi

     

    Nathan <nathan.d.mellor@gmail.com> Mar 28 11:49AM -0700  

    Currently my manifest is wide open.
     
    Let's suppose I want to exclude a device that I don't think is working for
    many people anyway.
     
    What will happen to users that have it installed?
     
    Will Google Play immediately zap the app from everyone, including those who
    have paid for it?
    Will it stay there forever and and just not get updates?
    Will I get angry emails from people who say it actually was working and
    where did it go? Or that gee, it never really worked but it must be really
    defective if it uninstalls itself?
     
    Nathan

     

    RichardC <richard.critten@googlemail.com> Mar 28 12:17PM -0700  

    No Zaps - just no updates.
     
    On Thursday, March 28, 2013 6:49:32 PM UTC, Nathan wrote:

     

    Nathan <nathan.d.mellor@gmail.com> Mar 28 12:36PM -0700  

    On Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:17:04 PM UTC-7, RichardC wrote:
     
    > No Zaps - just no updates.
     
    Thanks - I'll try it with one and see how it goes - whether it worth adding
    more exclusions.
     
    Nathan

     

    Nathan <nathan.d.mellor@gmail.com> Mar 28 11:41AM -0700  

    Does anyone know the specs on the Transformer TFT700T? Particularly the VM
    heap size so I can set up an emulator.
     
    It seems that device is forgetful - ie runs out of memory more often than
    other devices - according to some error logs I have.
     
    I have a theory that a large pixel screen combined with a low heap space
    number could cause problems for my app.
     
    I've tried setting up one with 24M, with 1920x1200, and other settings that
    look reasonable. It comes up black and never finishes booting. I could be
    doing other things wrong, of course. I've only setup a very few emulators
    since working on a MacBook.
     
    I saw some info that implies the heap space is 24M out of 1G total Ram. It
    also suggested people can change this setting, but on further searching
    that appears to be only with Root and selected apps.
     
    Nathan

     

    Marta Ribeiro <martacunharibeiro90@gmail.com> Mar 28 09:11AM -0700  

    Yes it is.
     
    On Wednesday, March 13, 2013 8:21:22 PM UTC, bob wrote:

     

    Marta Ribeiro <martacunharibeiro90@gmail.com> Mar 28 09:12AM -0700  

    I did. But I still have the problem. So I'm guessing the problem lays on
    Eclipse.
     
    On Saturday, March 16, 2013 7:54:37 AM UTC, Jason wrote:

     

    Marta Ribeiro <martacunharibeiro90@gmail.com> Mar 28 09:14AM -0700  

    Yes that works. Actually as a workaround I've been copying the app apk to
    the phone and installing it by clicking on the apk file. But still it would
    be faster to run it directly through eclipse.
     
    On Friday, March 15, 2013 2:31:57 PM UTC, bob wrote:

     

    bob <bob@coolfone.comze.com> Mar 28 10:54AM -0700  

    What happens if you do this?
     
    *adb shell*
     
    *am start -n com.example.test/com.example.test.MainActivity -a
    android.intent.action.MAIN -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER*
     
     
    Thanks.
     
     
    On Thursday, March 28, 2013 11:14:05 AM UTC-5, Marta Ribeiro wrote:

     

    Mahmoud Hadad <mahmoudkatkoot@gmail.com> Mar 28 08:23AM -0700  

    useless replies tbh
     
    On Tuesday, September 13, 2011 4:34:41 PM UTC+3, Conny wrote:

     

    ankit the OPIUM <ankitgoyal1009@gmail.com> Mar 28 06:16AM -0700  

    If this not a web app what you can do is when your app launch retrieve data
    from server and save in device and fetch from there. After that check your
    server regularly if something has been changed over server and download
    only those change files not whole data. in this way only first time it will
    take more time.
     
    *For example* :
     
     
    - you server has 100 records when app launch first time(just after
    installation) you download 100 records
    - after 5 min you check your server and found 5 entries has been changed
    so you will download only 5 records.
    - next time when app launches again you will check only changed records
    on server and download them only.
     
     
     
    On Monday, 18 March 2013 16:56:54 UTC+5:30, sree wrote:

     

    bob <bob@coolfone.comze.com> Mar 28 07:04AM -0700  

    This is called caching.
     
    On Thursday, March 28, 2013 8:16:29 AM UTC-5, ankit the OPIUM wrote:

     

    abhijit <achakra21@gmail.com> Mar 28 01:38AM -0700  

    I have a ViewPager in which i am displaying 5 Fragments like f1,f2,f3,f4,f5when i am pressing back button from in f2 it coming to f1(f2->f1) but when
    i am trying to come from f3 to f1 the back key is not responding.f3->f1 is
    not happening.Why f2 to f1 is possible and why after f2 its not possible
    *i am using this code:*
     
    public boolean onKeyDown(int keyCode, KeyEvent event) {
    if (keyCode == KeyEvent.KEYCODE_BACK) {
    pager.setCurrentItem(0, true);
    return true;
    }
    return true;}

     

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group android-developers.
You can post via email.
To unsubscribe from this group, send an empty message.
For more options, visit this group.

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment